- Grinding/milling machines, that grind chicken feed ingredients into a powder/mash to make it not only easier for poultry to eat faster, but also digest quicker, which increases their production in terms of eggs- for layers or meat for broilers.
- Mixing machines are used to mix uniformly and evenly, the different ingredients that make the poultry feeds such as corn flour, wheat bran, fish meal, bone meal, soybean meal and all the other ingredients and minerals that may be included, in order to have a poultry meal that has all the ingredients mixed uniformly and evenly.
- Pellet feed making machine is used to convert the powdered feeds into pellets that further enhance feed efficiency in poultry farming and increase production in terms of egg production or meat production, while at the same time reducing the costs incured.
Today we will concentrate on the chicken feed pellet machine.
Chicken Feed Pellet Machine AdvantagesIt has gained popularity in the recent past due to the various advantages that come with feeding chicken on pelleted feed, compared to feeding them on feed in other forms either powdered/mash or otherwise. The reasons behind their popularity are;
- Improved feed conversion: most of the research and field trials that have been done prove that pelleted feeds improve the chickens' feed conversion when compared to mash feeds.
- Reduced dust: pelleted feed have little to no dust, unlike mash feeds which have significantly more dust. Dusty feeds are less palatable and also pose risks of respiratory disease to chicken.
- Less wastage of feeds: with pelleted feeds the feed wastage during feeding is drastically reduced.
- Occupies less storage area: pelleted feeds occupies less space per unit of weight when bagged and during storage, making it easier to store.
- Impossible for chicken to sort the feed because it is all mixed into solid pellets therefore chicken eat all the necessary but less palatable sections of the feed together with the more palatable portions as they cannot be separated.
- Sanitation: the high operating pressure and temperatures of the pellet making process kills most of the parasitic organisms found in chicken feed which naturally reduces the parasitic load of your chicken.
A chicken pellet making machine can be used to make pellets for cattle feed, pig feed, chicken feed, horse feed, duck feed, fish feed and even rabbit feed. The machine comes in different sizes depending on the intended feed production capacity it can be as low as 50 kg/hour to above 1 tonne/hour. It can also be powered by electricity using an electric motor, or an internal combustion engine, that runs on either petrol or diesel. An electric powered mill is environmentally cleaner and more efficient, however a diesel or petrol powered unit may be more practical for farmers living far off the electric grid.
Chicken feed pellet making processThe process of making chicken pellets for your chicken is a simple one and it involves:
- Milling the raw materials using a feed hammer mill so that they become fine powdered ingredients/mash.
- Next mix all the ingredients in a feed pellet blender and wait until you get a uniform mix. A moist cohesive mixture should be the resulting final mixture.
- The mixture can now be delivered into a pellet mill feeder, where it will go to a roller and die intruder. The extruded pellets will have an average moisture content of around 16-17%.
- The final step is to dry the wet pellets until you obtain a moisture content that is below 12%.
Want to have the price list of chicken feed making machine? Send us enquiry now!
We receive enquiries in English, Español (Spanish), Русский язык (Russian), Français (French) and العربية (Arabic). Our professional team will reply to you within one business day. Please feel FREE to contact us!
Your privacy is important to us,we are committed to marking sure your privacy is confidential.